Nickname: The Bears
Broadbridge Heath FC was founded in 1919 by local ex-members of the armed forces who had just returned from the 1914-18 Great War. In the very first season of competitive football, with only 12 registered players, the club won the Horsham & District Championship, and Challenge Cup. In 1970/71, the League amalgamated with the West Sussex Football League with the Club joining Division Three. Promotion was won to Division Two the following season. In 1978/79, following promotion from the Premier Division of the WSFL, Broadbridge Heath joined the Southern Counties Combination League, which at that time, was a feeder to the Sussex County League. The SCCL amalgamated with the County League in 1983/84, with Broadbridge Heath becoming founder members of Division Three. The club moved to its new facilities at Wickhurst Lane in 1987 and won promotion to Division Two the following year. Since then the club has remained in senior football.